Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a wonderful way to spend some time

I'm so excited, I feel like a colossal geek.


Several summers ago, while researching what to do with the zillions of tomatoes that were coming in from the farm share, I came across the most delightful foodie blog, Orangette. It was the first blog I followed religiously. Orangette (it was quite awhile before I realized her name is Molly) writes the most endearing stories to accompany her delicious recipes. She's so personable when writing, really, you feel like you know her. I got all teary-eyed when she got engaged and when I read her entry about her wedding I think I cried enough to make a little snort noise.


And now Molly has a cookbook out, "A Homemade Life." It's fantastic, I've already read it from cover to cover and can't wait to start cooking from it (there's a majorly disruptive studio renovation going on right now.) What could be better?


Molly's coming to Portland tomorrow night for a reading at Powell's. I'll see you there!*
*I got a new phone, complete with camera. Hurray!

2 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

An invite to Powell's Books. If I could, I'd be so there with you, Cos. I'll expect another blog post. No pressure (-;

JLH said...

Wish I could've been there - now I have to order that cookbook!!