Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

... or not. Good grief, it just isn't letting up here. Today is day NINE of some sort of snowfall. We've accumulated over a foot of snow. I can hear those of you in snowy climes laughing at my whining, to which I reply - the next time the snow plow and/or sander drives by your house, run out and hug the driver. Really.


Portland is severely underequipped for the maybe 2 or 3 snow days we get scattered throughout a typical winter. Nine straight days hasn't happened in over 40 years. The only way my street will see a snow plow is if it's being driven by The Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse. Here's my poor little car, which last saw movement last Thursday. Poor baby. I'm just sooo grateful Safeway is a 3 block walk!

3 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like my house! and kiss the plow guy? He murdered my mail box. I can't tell you how many we've had to replace since we've lived here.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Al, I'm so sorry....but you have to admit, it IS pretty!! And don't feel bad, we have about 6 inches down here in NM. NOT fun.

JLH said...

OKAY, I am duly impressed by your snow. Duly. As for Minot, it warmed up and could possibly get to 10 above today, however, alas, more snow is in our immediate future. Drat.